1. Develop a PowerPoint slideshow consisting of 8-15 slides. Include the following. Title slide, written speaker notes, and Reference slide. Do not use Voice Over recordings. All information needs to be written in slides and notes.
2. You are required to complete the assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.pptx” format. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
3. As the leader, you have identified a problem or issue related to one of the National Patient Safety Goals 2018 created by the Joint Commission that will lead to quality improvement. You will find the National Patient Safety Goals using this link: NPSG (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
4. Assess the problem or issue. State the problem/issue and identify three rationales (reasons) that the problem exists.
5. Determine the people who are involved in the issue and explain three reasons as to how their role will contribute to the problem or issue solution.
6. Identify three solutions and discuss the purpose, cost and desired outcome.
7. Pick one solution to share with the director and discuss why this solution was chosen over the others.
8. Make an action plan to share the solution with the director or staff.
9. Summarize issue, plan and desired outcome and purpose for quality improvement on slide.
10. Summarize your learning and value of doing the assignment.
11. Include written speaker notes for all slides except title slide and reference slide.
12. Submit your PowerPoint slideshow by 11:59 p.m. MT, Sunday, end of Week 6.
2018 Hospital National Patient Safety Goals
The purpose of the National Patient Safety Goals is to improve patient safety. The goals focus on problems in health care safety and how to solve them.
This is an easy-to-read document. It has been created for the public. The exact language of the goals can be found at www.jointcommission.org.
Get important test results to the right staff person on time.
Find out which patients are most likely to try to commit suicide.
Use the hand cleaning guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the World Health Organization. Set goals for improving hand cleaning. Use the goals to improve hand cleaning.
Use proven guidelines to prevent infections that are difficult to treat.
Use proven guidelines to prevent infection of the blood from central lines.
Use proven guidelines to prevent infection after surgery.
Use proven guidelines to prevent infections of the urinary tract that are caused by catheters.
Make sure that the correct surgery is done on the correct patient and at the correct place on the patient’s body.
Mark the correct place on the patient’s body where the surgery is to be done.
Pause before the surgery to make sure that a mistake is not being made.
Use at least two ways to identify patients. For example, use the patient’s name and date of birth. This is done to make sure that each patient gets the correct medicine and treatment. Make sure that the correct patient gets the correct blood when they get a blood transfusion.
Identify patients correctly NPSG.01.01.01
Prevent infection NPSG.07.01.01
Improve staff communication NPSG.02.03.01
Identify patient safety risks NPSG.15.01.01
Prevent mistakes in surgery UP.01.01.01
Before a procedure, label medicines that are not labeled. For example, medicines in syringes, cups and basins. Do this in the area where medicines and supplies are set up.
Take extra care with patients who take medicines to thin their blood.
Record and pass along correct information about a patient’s medicines. Find out what medicines the patient is taking. Compare those medicines to new medicines given to the patient. Make sure the patient knows which medicines to take when they are at home. Tell the patient it is important to bring their up-to-date list of medicines every time they visit a doctor.
Use medicines safely
Make improvements to ensure that alarms on medical equipment are heard and responded to on time.
Use alarms safely
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Leadership Action Plan PowerPoint Slide Show appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.
Leadership Action Plan PowerPoint Slide Show was first posted on July 30, 2019 at 7:40 am.
©2019 "MyNursingPaper". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com